Welcome to the Course

Home Forums Sticker Design Forum Welcome to the Course

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Rachel
    Keymaster

Hello! Thank you so much for joining us. Please take a moment to introduce yourself and what you are hoping to get out of this course!

I look forward to getting to work with each of you as we work through the curriculum.

Rachel
    StickySituationsCo.com
    Courses.StickySituationsCo.com

Janet
    Participant

Hi, My name is Janet and I am super excited to be here! I am hoping to expand my shillouette knowledge and learn where to find great sticker resources.
    What I am really excited about though is learning how to get started with my shop. I sell other items locally at craft fairs and through facebook but I’m really looking forward to broadening my horizons!

Tara
    Participant

Hi everyone! My name is Tara and I have been planning with stickers for three years. I have a Silhouette Portrait and have been making my own planner stickers for about 6 months. It has been a huge struggle finding resources and support during my Silhouette Portrait journey and I am very excited to participate in both courses being offered.

As a nurse and a mom to two young boys, I do not have a lot of free time to open a sticker shop but I hope to one day when life slows down a little.

Erika
    Participant

Hello! My name is Erika and I’m happy to be here with everyone. I purchased my first machine, the Silhouette Cameo3 about 4 years ago and had fun learning and playing with it. I made decals for family and friends and tons of 3d cutouts and even “tried” stickers. So then, I decided to start a business and opened a shop on Etsy where I make and sell gaming decals. Eventually, I purchased a Cricut Maker so I could learn this machine. I recently wanted to add planners and make planner stickers for gamers. Well, I’m literally stuck. I don’t know why but I feel like I don’t know what, where or how to do it. A couple years ago, I ran into a video by Rachel demonstrating how to make colored glitter patterns and found her instructions so easy to follow and was hooked on her channel. Then learning she was complying a course to teach what I watch her do every week, I was totally in.
    I know the basics of Design Studio however I’m sure not everything since I did learn something new today from lesson 3 with adding insets to the flags stickers. I’m excited to go through these upcoming lessons with everyone and take my business to the next level.

Tara
    Participant

I have had my Silhouette Portrait for over a year and I never knew the insets with flags as well!

MissKim
    Participant

I’m so happy to have found Rachel’s channel. I’ve always had a love for stickers & as a mom, it’s awesome to have something I can customize. I just received the Cameo 4 for my 23rd wedding anniversary and am so excited to get started! I want to make my own and transition into also selling them. I’ve been playing around with my machine & am having a blast.

Brandee Carey
    Participant

Hi Everyone!  I’m Brandee and I’ve had an active sticker shop now for a few months.  Like Rachel, I had to navigate around the program since resources are hard to come by and figured out a few basics.  Enough to create some basic stickers but I’m wanting to learn more!  My hope is to learn more so I can create more and do this full time one day.  That’s my goal.  Besides, Rachel is just the cutest and I also wanted to support her!

Brandee
    AKA: The Perky Project
    Aka: Perky's Paperie

Hello everyone, it’s great to meet you all!  My name is Joanna Shoemaker.  I’m a 56 y/o married empty nester with grown children (a son and a step-daughter) who are both married and a grandson.  I have owned a Cricut for several years, but I just purchased my Silhouette a few months ago.  I’m so glad we’ve all banded together and given Rachel the courage to be our coach for learning Silhouette, learning how to make planner stickers and for some, hopefully opening a shop…I know that’s my ultimate goal!

I look forward to getting to know Rachel and all of you better as we all support each other on this journey.  Good luck…I know we’re all gonna need a little, but I know with Rachel’s help and guidance, we’ll all be successful in meeting our individual goals.

gracephotosonthego
    Participant

Hi, Deb of Kobelski Designs here. I am wanting to work on my own business. For 38 years I have always sat in the back of companies to help them be successful. I didn’t mind because I learn many business things from each. I took the easy way of things so to say by being in a corporate environment. Then with business slowing down and the virus I decided to go back to the things I love to do.

Being Creative.

I started drawing and then I was trying my hand a repeat pattern and grew from there.  My favorite is designing Souvenir stuff Tshirts, Mugs, and Stickers. I also love making Puzzles, Coloring and Journal Books.

I don’t remember how Rachels and my paths crossed but I have learned so much from her videos. I am just looking to learn from her. As for teaching an old dog (56), I am the in line for the treats.

gracephotosonthego is my other name. But Deb is fine.

Shika
    Participant

Hello! I’m Shika, I’m currently very new to my sticker creation journey. I got a Portrait 2 for my birthday in June and I’m hooked on it! It’s frustrating as heck and I’m wanting to build a network of fellow minded sticker biz peeps who can share help and resources with newbies like me who don’t know where to start. I’m grateful to have found this course to set me on a path to learn what an actual sticker shop owner does as I’m a fish out of water. My goal is to open a sticker shop, but I’m not there yet.

I’m definitely functional planner and I think I need the structure of the course to give me direction and focus. Right now, I’m trying to do everything at once and going nowhere.

Looking forward to starting the course and seeing what we all come up with!

Happy Stickering!

Shika

tiffany
    Participant

Hi everyone!! I’m Tiffany – a 30 year old adult with no kids and a lot of time on my hands! Lol. For the past 12 years, I’ve worked all kinds of jobs – always with the same goal – to make ends meet. I’ve worked in retail, in the food industry, in logistics, and even for an interior design firm. None of which are related in any way! I was never passionate about any of it. So, I did what I did best – took on a new hobby. I began to paint. Started small, worked my way onto bigger paintings. I would paint for countless hours – even through the night. Until one day – my hands started to go numb. To the point that I couldn’t even hold a brush anymore. I stopped what I loved (doctor’s orders) and focused my attention on resting my hands and continuing to work my 9-5. And then something caught my eye one day on Etsy – stickers. Planner stickers. I bought my first EC in 2017. And honestly, I’ve spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on stickers. Seeing the creativity in all the shops I came across sparked something in me. I had so many ideas of my own that I could use in my own planner – but I never knew how to start. So when Rachel announced that she was going to be releasing courses on how to design and open up a shop, I knew immediately that I needed to sign up and make these ideas in my head into reality. So, needless to say – I’m super excited to embark on this journey! Also, I can’t wait to see you all grow and open up your own shops! And to Rachel – thank you! These courses are going to be life changing for some of us!

Kim Hamilton
    Participant

Hi everyone,

My name is Kim Hamilton and I have been watching Rachel’s videos for a few months now.

Im new to the planner community and I have to admit, when I’m interested in something, I go full tilt.
    ‘I’ve spent literally a few thousand dollars on stickers and kits for my planner.

About me….I have been a bookkeeper for 27 years.  Straight out of college and I love it.  11 years ago I decided to start a face painting company as well.  Working 7 days a week and raising a daughter, it was a lot but I somehow managed.  In 2014, my husband of 16 years and I separated.  Now being a single mom, I had to pull back a bit with work.  Luckily my face paint business had grown to the point of being able to hire artists and send them out to jobs.

March 20, 2020….like everyone else’s, I lost my job due to COVID.  at the same time, face painting was a definite loss as well.

I had to find a creative outlet and found the planner community.  I was so happy to be able to create spreads with the kazillion stickers I had purchased.  But, something was missing.  I wanted to design my kits.  I started creating full boxes and printing them on local sticker paper.  When I looked back on the spreads, my favourite ones were the ones I created.

So, I bought an IPad Pro 12.9, an Epson printer Inkjet and a Silhouette Cameo 4.  I was ready to jump into the world of sticker making.  It was a large investment but I had recently won a labour lawsuit against an old employer who sexually discriminated against me for 14 years while employed.  I spoke to my fiancé and he agreed that the money was mine and I could do with it as I choose.  I bought him a riding lawn mower too. 😃.

I was so excited to see Rachel announce these courses and jumped on board.

My goal is to create beautiful sticker kits that will hopefully sell on Etsy and make me a millionaire.  Lol. Kidding.

Id like to make an income and help financially bc losing both my income sources was a hard pill to swallow.
    ‘I love the planner community and I’m happy to hopefully once day be a known sticker shop.

My Instagram name is Bubsyloustickers.

Bubsy Lou is my dog Gage.  He is 12 years old and pretty much saved me life with his love and protection over the years.  I never would have had the strength to leave my ex if I did not have Gage in our lives.  My daughter was 8 at the time and being a single mom scared the crap out of me.  Gage is a male Rottie who is a huge love bug but is very protective of my daughter and me.  In my eyes, he gave me the freedom to move forward and find happiness.

My goal with my sticker shop is to donate up to 5% of my profits to the local Humane Society in my town.  I think animals give us the love we need and I’d love to give that love back.

Sorry about the ramble…I forget the question. 🤣.

My biggest goal will be to stay focused.  and I’m super excited to start creating.

I look forward to sharing this journey with all of you and watching your shops succeed and grow.

Peace and Love,

Kim

fran.bullington
    Participant

Hi all! I’ve been a fan of Rachel’s for a while now, so was very excited when she announced the course.  Although I have been making planner stickers for a while now, I know I will learn many new things through this course.  I also wanted to support Rachel who has generously shared her knowledge through her YouTube channel.

I’m Fran, and definitely the “most adult” member of the group to introduce herself so far.  I’m 65, a retired educator of 38 years, a wife of nearly 43 years, a mom to two of the world’s most amazing women, and Nana to 3 boys ranging in age from 2 to 15.

I have been a planner for decades now (started eons ago with the Franklin Planner) but it wasn’t until my older daughter introduced me to planner decorating that I found my newest obsession: creating stickers. I purchased a Silhouette Cameo 3 three or four years ago and have been making stickers ever since.

I finally took the plunge and opened my Etsy shop last year after spending countless hours teaching myself how to do much of what I do with Silhouette Studio.  I love the planner community and look forward to learning more along with all of you!

Kim Hamilton
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I loved reading all of your introductions.  I’m looking forward to succeeding together.

Peace and Love,

Kim

Tracey
    Participant

Hello All, I have been part of the planner community for about 2 years.  I am married to my USAF husband for almost 10 years on 9/25!! We love spending time with family and travel.  No children or pets so my time is “MY TIME”! LOL

When Rachel first announced she was thinking about this course, I was so excited to sign up.  My husband treated me to a Silhouette Cameo 4 in April for my birthday.  I’m looking forward to creating some amazing stickers.  My ultimate dream is to have my very own sticker shop.  Kim Hamilton…I will be joining you in that millionaire club!!  LOL

Looking forward to this forum and the success of us All!!

Let’s Go!!

Tracey

Kim Hamilton
    Participant

Tracey Walker…..save me a seat! 😍

slwortham
    Participant

Hi All! My name is Shana Wortham. I am 39 (turning 40 in 19 days!!) and am married with 4 kids ranging in age from 13 to 20. I got into planning a few years ago when I discovered EC. Then I found out about all the awesome small business sticker makers and became obsessed! I have been wanting to make my own and also want to create a side hustle. Selling planner stickers is one of the many ideas that have been floating around in my head. The main thing that has held me back is that I am NOT an artist! I do have a 15 year old daughter that is amazingly talented, but getting her to do anything outside of anime at the moment is not happening. I look forward to learning and growing with you all!

Grace Horton
    Participant

Hi I’m Grace I’m 45 and long term sick disabled due to various health conditions including a brain disorder that causes stroke symptoms nearly every day, I have four children age 17, 15, 25, 23, my oldest is severely disabled in a nursing home on lockdown.  I’ve not seen him in over 4 months now, and it’s killing me my son spent two years in hospital fighting for his life and now the home I had to send him to can’t let me near him, I’m very creative and teaching myself digital art and illustration, to keep my brain active I’ve already completed a course in autism for my youngest son to help understand his condition and passed with a distinction, I’m currently doing graphic design online course and photo shop all this is only when I’m well enough to these days I don’t have many of them, I have paid for two courses on stickers and making them etc, one cost more than 6 times more than this and due to my brain disorder I’m finding it hard to follow but just watched all this course so far and it’s so much easier to follow she is a great teacher, can’t wait for more I’d love her to do a stickers kit from start to finish too.

Im on benefits and can not work I gave up nursing to care for my son 24 yrs ago and have been his carer till he got so sick I had to put him in care nearly two yrs ago now I visited him everyday despite my illness not seeing him is devastating, I fill my days with my creative activities, I’d love to start my own Etsy shop selling planner pages and planner stickers but don’t know that would put me in relation to my benefits I have a small shelf space in a craft emporium which has been shut since Covid but never earned enough for my benefits to be affected, I’ve just brought a old silhouette hoping it’s ok for this course?, I have a cricut but the design space is not as good as silhouette I love silhouette design space it’s like photoshop sorry to go on looking forward to getting to know you all.

Amber Woods
    Participant

Hi everyone!

My name is Amber, I’m 25 years old and I have been using planner stickers for about 6 years now. I currently live in Chicago, IL with my boyfriend and our cat, Ellie. I am SO excited to learn how to make my own stickers! I have just purchased a Silhouette Cameo. By taking this course I’m hoping to be able to make my own stickers and save myself money in the long run. Later down the road I would love more than anything to open my own planner sticker shop! <3 Thanks for creating this space for us Rachel!

Grace Zak
    Participant

Hi Everyone!

Nice to meet you all! I’m Grace, 31, living in Chicago and looking to learn more about Silhouette Studio & running a shop. I’m an Enneagram 9 and notorious for researching and planning, so my ultimate goal is to open my sticker shop. No if or buts 😅

Looking forward to this journey and next chapter.

Cheers!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top