Questions

Home Forums Sticker Design Forum Questions

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Rachel
    Keymaster

Hey Guys! I hope everyone is enjoying the course and working on designing stickers. Please feel free to leave any questions here. I’m always here to help you!

Rachel
    StickySituationsCo.com
    Courses.StickySituationsCo.com

Brittany Berry
    Participant

I’m really digging the course right now, although I do wish we had access to all of it at once, but that’s okay. I didn’t think that I would actually invest in planners to get the sizes, but I broke down and done it anyway. So I have everything I need, but I opted for a Cricut machine instead of Silhouette just because I can do more with it. I’m kinda wishing I would’ve went the other way now because I can’t figure out my machine. I’m trying to use Cricut Design Space, and it looks similar to Silhouette’s, but I can’t do as much. So I’m using Photoshop to do my designs. Do you know anything about the Cricut to give any pointers? If not, that’s okay. I think it has something to do in Design Space on why I can’t do what I want it to do. I was wondering if I could use Silhouette to do the designs, but I was also wondering if you’re able to save as an SVG in Silhouette?

Kim Hamilton
    Participant

Why?  What am I doing wrong?

im selecting whole image then tracing it…but it’s not recognizing all the edges.  It’s a png file.
    thanks,

kim

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Erika
    Participant

Hi bberry! I have a couple Cricut machines, I love them tons but Cricut’s Design Space isn’t one to be desired by me because it’s so limiting. Silhouette’s Design Studio is way more convenient in creating images from beginning to end. I did try to create projects in Silhouette and saved them as svg and when I opened them in Cricut, it didn’t work properly. It changed my cut lines into perforated lines. I haven’t tried this recently to know if it’s changed through any updates. I urge you to enjoy your Cricut, take everything you can out of these lessons and I would suggest checking out Cricut videos and forums to help with immediate design issues, the Cricut does cut amazingly well. However, if you ever get a chance to get your beautiful hands on a Silhouette machine, I absolutely recommend it. It’s like night and day. I can try to help out any questions with Cricut but I would join Facebook groups, watch youtube videos to learn more about your machine.

Erika
    Participant

Hi Kim, I believe you’re using the wrong file type to use offset. Png files give you a transparent background. You can trace it and use trace and detach, then you can use offset on the png image because you removed the invisible background. I hope that makes sense.

Brittany Berry
    Participant

I have watched videos and everything. I even stayed on hold for literally 3 hours trying to contact them. I’m able to upload the images from Photoshop into Design Space and cut them, but the cut is waaayyy off. I think I figured out a somewhat solution for now, but there is still white space on my stickers. The preview is the problem. I line up my page on the physical mat, but the preview doesn’t show at the 0/0. I’m about fed up with it to be honest. Thank you.

Brittany Berry
    Participant

Welp, because I bought the darn thing from Hobby Lobby, I can’t take it back. They won’t answer my calls or my emails. Let’s just say I’m extremely P’d off right now. That was $240 that I spent on nothing. I mean, I plan to do vinyl, but I wasn’t going to do that for a while. I don’t really have another $200 to spend on a Silhouette, so now I don’t know what to do. I knew I should’ve got the Silhouette instead.

Erika
    Participant

It’s okay bberry. We’re all here for you. Let’s try to figure this out, so you can get it cut the way you want. There are several ways to do one thing, I’m sure we can find a solution.

Brittany Berry
    Participant

So I joined a Cricut Facebook group and someone in there sent me this screenshot to try because she had the same problem. I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m getting ready to.

Attachments:
    Brittany Berry
    Participant

OMG!! That screenshot I posted, I tried that. And it worked! I’m finally back in business! I just don’t understand how an update would mess with something like that. That’s crazy. But the good news is that it worked. Finally feels like I have some weights lifted off of my shoulders.

Rachel
    Keymaster

Hey Kim,

Did you try turning up the threshold or the high or low pass? Sometimes I have to mess with these to get it to recognize the entire image and then I am able to trace everything. I hope this helps! Please let me know if you are still having problems with it and I will see what I can do to help.

Attachments:

Rachel
    StickySituationsCo.com

Rachel
    Keymaster

BBerry43214,

Unfortunately, I have never used a cricut machine so I have no tips for you. I am planning on playing around with Cricut once I finish up this course and hopefully will have a course around the cricut in the future. Thankfully it seems like Erika has experience and is super helpful! So glad that she is here to help!

Rachel
    StickySituationsCo.com

Brittany Berry
    Participant

I didn’t think you did, but that’s okay. I joined a FB group as was suggested, and someone in there told me that a Windows update was the problem. So I uninstalled the update shown in my screenshot above, restarted my computer, and tried again. This time, the print then cut worked, and I can upload my sticker sheets from Photoshop into Design Space no problem and print. The cuts are now beautiful and customer ready. I feel like 100 pounds have been lifted.

I bought a bunch of different planners, including Erin Condren, just to get the sizes I needed for my stickers. So when the brand new Cricut wasn’t working, I started to get really stressed out and worried that I screwed up. Now that it’s fixed, it’s business time.

Janet
    Participant

Hi Girls,  I am brand spanking new to the planner world.  I just ordered my first planner last week and it won’t get here until the end of July.  My question is does anyone know where I can go to get the measurements for stickers.  Wondering if there is an online resource?  I ordered an HP Classic and I’m anxious to get started on planning my kits!

fran.bullington
    Participant

Hi Janet!

It’s always best to have the actual planner in front of you to measure, but if you ordered a classic vertical Happy Planner, the box width is the same as Rachel has been demonstrating:  1.5″.  The boxes are just a bit longer than the Erin Condren, though.  I have been using 1.5 x 2.25″ as the dimensions for full boxes when I design for a Happy Planner and they fit well.

Hope this helps!

Fran

Kim Hamilton
    Participant

Thank you.  Your an Angel.

Janet
    Participant

Thank you Fran!

Brandee Carey
    Participant

If something strange is going to take place with my silhouette, it’s going to be mine!

So I am currently working on a monthly view kit and when I group this particular part together, I get this strange shadow to the side.  Has anyone seen this before?  How do I fix it?

Attachments:

Brandee
    AKA: The Perky Project
    Aka: Perky's Paperie

Rachel
    Keymaster

I’ve never seen that happen before. Is it doing that with all of the date covers?

Rachel
    StickySituationsCo.com

Brandee Carey
    Participant

Yes!  I’m telling you, my silhouette is possessed LOL

Brandee
    AKA: The Perky Project
    Aka: Perky's Paperie

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top