I couldn’t take it anymore

Home Forums Sticker Design Forum I couldn’t take it anymore

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brittany Berry
    Participant

So I got a Cricut Explore Air 2 for my sticker cutting before this course was available, and I’ve done nothing but fight with it ever since.

First I couldn’t get the print then cut to work, but figured out that it was due to some update on Windows that was preventing me from using that feature.

Second, when I print and use the bleed feature for some of my sheets, the bleed is faded and blotchy and the cuts aren’t right.

Third, I’m giving up on the Cricut for stickers and just ordered a Silhouette Cameo 4, which I’m hoping is the correct thing I needed. It should be here on Monday.

So now I have to transfer all of my designs over the Silhouette Studio and try to get this started.

Ugh, it’s been a nightmare with this. If this don’t work, I give up completely.

fran.bullington
    Participant

Brittany,

Sorry you have had nothing but problems with your Cricut. I have a love/hate relationship with my Cameo 3. Some days I am amazed as I watch it kiss cut a variety of stickers on one sheet, and other days I want to throw it out the window!

That being said, I haven’t given up on creating stickers even on the worst days.  When things go wrong (and they will), I have to step away from the Cameo and focus on something else. I have found the solution to most of the problems I’ve had with my Cameo just by searching on YouTube.

I hope that you have a much better experience with your Cameo than you’ve had with the Cricut!

Brittany Berry
    Participant

That’s the problem with Cricut. There are really no videos on troubleshooting or anything for it, or at least that I found. But when I look up Silhouette Cameo, there are tons of videos.

I plan on opening another shop to do card making, but not right now. I got the Cricut to have an all-in-one tool, but that doesn’t seem to be working for me. I’m keeping it for when I do start using vinyl and cardstock, etc. I just have to get my stickers under control first, lol.

Rachel
    Keymaster

I wish I could be more help with Cricut, but I haven’t had the chance to even try it out. Lol. I hope that your experience with Silhouette is a more positive one. So glad you aren’t giving up!

Rachel
    StickySituationsCo.com
    Courses.StickySituationsCo.com

Brittany Berry
    Participant

Thank Rachel. Goodness, no, not giving up. Just giving up on Cricut. I’ve done nothing but fight with that thing since I got it. I should’ve listened to your videos and other people. It seems as though people who do cardstock love the Cricut, but sticker people love the Silhouette. So now I’ll have two machines with, hopefully, better luck and experiences with. Plus, this will help with the course, too, because you are more familiar with the Silhouette to help with troubleshooting if needed 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top