Design Lessons

Home Forums Sticker Design Forum Design Lessons

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Rachel
    Keymaster

We are almost done with the design course! I would love to know if there is something that you want to know how to design, but that wasn’t in the course. I would be happy to add more lessons if I missed some stuff you guys want to see. Just let me know!

Rachel
    StickySituationsCo.com
    Courses.StickySituationsCo.com

Brittany Berry
    Participant

I was just wondering about the printers section. As you know, I use Cricut since I was able to figure out what was going on. But I also bought my Canon Pixma TS9120 before this course, and I use Windows, but I don’t have any options for changing the colors. I can choose my paper type and everything else but not the color intensity. I think my stickers come out nice, but I’m also very new and don’t know what’s a good sticker sheet or not. Obviously the colors appear less bright once printed, but that’s normal. How do we determine this?

Also, is it possible to release all of the lessons for the next course? I’m not a fan of waiting, especially for the next few lessons. I’m ready for the meat and potatoes because holidays are coming up and I want to be ready, but the end of the course is scheduled for the end of August. If not, I guess I’ll just have to wait. Not a big deal; just my preference.

Thank you!

Rachel
    Keymaster

Did you download the drivers for your specific printer? You can go to canon’s website to do that. They should be available for windows. if you did download the drivers do you have an advanced option button at the bottom of your print settings? I would check in there and see if the option to changes colors is in there.

As far as the colors looking less bright, I’m not 100% sure as I’ve not used Cricut, but I have heard that other shops have had that same issue when they try to print straight from cricut. I would try saving the file as a PDF and printing it that way and see if that helps.

So the reason I have the lessons releasing this way is because most people voted that they would like videos released weekly since I wouldn’t have been able to launch the full course until September. I’m still trying to balance my shop and YouTube stuff as well, so doing more than three lessons a week would be harder for me to do and keep up with everything. In a perfect world, I’d love to have already wrapped up the course, but I want it to be the best It can be and still be able to balance all of my other responsibilities. But thank you so much for being patient with me, if I’m able to get more done than I will post ahead of schedule, but at the moment I don’t see that happening.

Rachel
    StickySituationsCo.com

Brittany Berry
    Participant

Okay. So scratch the color issue. I found the option to do so. I also figured out that the color I was having issues with wasn’t the actual color. My yellow was coming out green looking. I fixed that. I can’t print from my printer, then cut with Cricut because they don’t cut right. I tried that, too. My issue is mainly the bleed fades. When I print, the sticker part that I made comes out great, but when I turn the bleed on, the colors are blotchy and faded.

Oh, I didn’t realize that the courses weren’t all the way finished. It’s no big deal. I just thought they were already done 🙂

Thank you! Now I’m off to figure out what is going on with this bleed blotchiness, ugh.

Brittany Berry
    Participant

So I’ve figured out that it only happens with some of the designs. I wish I could show you what’s happening, but basically, my boxes need to be touching on the sheet for it not to show, which means I can’t do anything but boxes.

I’m getting ready to just give up honestly. Not on stickers, just Cricut and try a Silhouette.

Brittany Berry
    Participant

Edit: I figured out how to show you, I attached a photo of the issue.

Rachel
    Keymaster

@bberry43214, sorry to see the file failed to upload due to file size restrictions. We have increased the allowed upload to be 2MB. If you resend the photo I will take a look at it and see if I can help.

Rachel
    StickySituationsCo.com

Brittany Berry
    Participant

Whoops, haha. Sorry. I thought it saved. I didn’t look before leaving. I just did it again; hopefully it works.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Brittany Berry
    Participant

I have another question again.

When we place our boxes or whatever we’re working on in Silhouette, how do we line them up? This sounds silly, I know, but are we able to overlap the colors, or should we try to avoid doing that?

Please see screenshot for a visual reference. The ones on the left are not overlapping, but the ones on the right are.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rachel
    Keymaster

@bberry43214

I group my box together and then duplicate them. If you haven’t watched the lesson on Full Boxes yet, I show how I get the boxes to line up in that video.

Rachel
    StickySituationsCo.com

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top