Cutting Issue

Home Forums Sticker Design Forum Cutting Issue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michele Williams
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hey Gang!</p>
    can I get help with this. I’m trying to cut these sticker sheets I made but at the bottom the cameo 4 is cutting too far “upwards.” Anybody else experience this?

Michele Williams
    Participant

I tried to attach the photos from my phone but not sure is you can see them😐

Rachel
    Keymaster

@michele-williams

The photo file is too big, so it’s not showing up. It sounds like your machine needs to be calibrated and specifically it needs adjustments to the distance part of the calibration. I am planning on doing a whole video on calibration and releasing it next week. 🙂

Rachel
    StickySituationsCo.com
    Courses.StickySituationsCo.com

Rachel
    Keymaster

@michele-williams

The photo file is too big, so it’s not showing up. It sounds like your machine needs to be calibrated and specifically it needs adjustments to the distance part of the calibration. I am planning on doing a whole video on calibration and releasing it next week. 🙂

Rachel
    StickySituationsCo.com

Rachel
    Keymaster

@michele-williams

Rachel
    StickySituationsCo.com

Brittany Berry
    Participant

I have the same exact issue with my Cameo 4. The only difference is that my Cameo 4 cuts to far to the left at the bottom. I’ve contacted Silhouette, gone through their whole process of “tests” and wasted tons of ink and paper going through those tests. They continue to have me go through these tests, and it’s been over a month.

So I’ll tell you that calibration or distance adjustment DID NOT work for me. I’ve tried it several times.

As a workaround, until I’m finished with their “tests” and they send me a new machine, or I just get fed up, move the cut line itself. So when you’re doing your design, move ONLY the cut line. So if yours is cutting too far upwards, then move your cut line down and leave the actual design where it sits. It depends on how far upward it’s cutting to tell how far down to move your line. So that part you will have to judge it. For me, I have to move my cut line over 3 or 4 clicks when I’m zoomed in. Once I did that, they come out perfect.

I can also tell you that the smaller my designs are, the worse it is.

I believe that something is wrong with my machine, and I’m waiting on Silhouette to replace it. I’ve even replaced my blade to see if that had anything to do with it. So check your blade to make sure there aren’t any cracks or that it isn’t chipped.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top