Reply To: SVG verses PNG files

Home Forums Sticker Design Forum SVG verses PNG files Reply To: SVG verses PNG files

Rachel
Keymaster

I talked about this in the icons video. Basically SVG files will let you change the color of directly in Silhouette Studio (If you have the business edition. It may also be available in the Designer edition since they have changed things around.) PNG files you have to trace and then your traced icon with a color, so it’s more work and kind of a pain. I prefer SVG files, but like I said they can’t be used in the basic edition of Silhouette and you would have to upgrade to Business Edition in order to use them. You can still use PNG files. If you watch the Icons video, I show you the work around. 🙂

Here is the exact differences between the two. SVG is an image file format created specifically for designing two-dimensional vector and vector-raster graphics for websites. SVG supports animation, transparency, gradients, and is easily scalable without losing quality. PNG is a raster image format used for full-color images (mostly photos) in good quality.Sep 20, 2019 https://weblium.com/blog/svg-vs-png-what-is-the-difference/#:~:text=SVG%20is%20an%20image%20file,mostly%20photos)%20in%20good%20quality.

Rachel
StickySituationsCo.com
Courses.StickySituationsCo.com

Scroll to Top